Monday, March 16, 2015

I'm Back, Baby

Ok, lots has happened since my last post in November. It has been way too long since I got on the treadmill or hit the trail. So here's a brief synopsis.

1) I actually ran sometime in December, but after my run, I was ordered to not run again during lunch by my previous boss. Yes, I said previous. The moment she told me I was no longer allowed to use my lunch break the way I deemed fit, I knew my days with that company were numbered. 

2) Due to the amount of stress that was heaped on me at my previous position, I stopped taking care of myself. I would spend my evenings desperately applying for any job that seemed somewhat in line with my qualifications while comforting myself with sweets. I was miserable.

3) Luckily, my misery was short lived. I managed to get hired with a great company that focuses on employee wellness. There are three exercise facilities onsite, and I took advantage today after my first week of orientation. I feel great. I had forgotten how good exercise endorphins make me feel.

4) Unfortunately, I didn't get charity credit for my run today. There have been updates to Charity Miles, and I didn't get it set up properly before my workout. Next time, I'll get it right. Hopefully, I'll also have a better distance as I could tell that a few months of being sedentary has hurt my endurance. Only 1.78 miles on the treadmill. I hope my future outdoor runs will produce better results.

No comments:

Post a Comment