Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Dragonfly Run for the Animals

Today, my running buddy Sarah was out of town at a conference for work. We had agreed last week that we would keep up the momentum in our respective places this week. I'll admit that I didn't think I would do that great a job without her there to challenge and motivate me. But I got on the trail, and I did excellent (if I do say so myself). But even though Sarah wasn't there to keep me company, I had some other little friends on the path. Throughout my entire run, dragonflies kept dancing along in front of me, and I pretended that they were coaching me along my run. So, with the dragonflies and my running playlist to keep my company, I pushed really hard. I managed to knock out 2.5 miles in under 40 minutes. Plus, it provided 6 vaccines to needy pups and cats.


No comments:

Post a Comment