Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Feeding America in Intervals

I met Sarah through a mommy group, and I was really excited when she suggested we start running at lunch. She works near me, and she was a runner before she had her little man. We'll start at once a week and then go from there. So, today was our first day of running together. At her suggestion, we ran intervals for 30 minutes: 1 minute running/2 minutes walking...repeat...repeat...repeat. It was quite a hot day, but we knocked it out, with great conversation to boot. We conquered two miles! Yea, us! And the runner's high after we were done reminded me of why I like to run. So, I look forward to more runs with Sarah.

But I'm not the only one who benefited from the run. The half-hour run helped provide 4 meals to hungry people.


No comments:

Post a Comment