Thursday, September 25, 2014

Hoofin' It for the Furries

So, it's been a while since I've done anything for ASPCA. The weather hasn't been great for walking dogs, so that hasn't happened much this month. I wanted to dedicate a run to getting some vaccinations for some little companions, so I hit the trail today. I wasn't expecting to get over 2.25 miles. I woke up with a sore throat, I left my running shoes at home (an old pair I use for spin was in my gym bag) and I've had a headache for a couple days. I tried to take it easy on myself by doing minute/minute intervals, but my inner coach really kicked in and set specific points to run to within those running minutes. In fact, my coach did such a good job that I broke my interval record. I was expecting to take it easy on myself. But my hard work really paid off for the furry companions!

No comments:

Post a Comment