Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Three is my Magic Number

Do I look smug? I feel a little smug. Because I just ran three miles in around 42 minutes! I say around because I stopped for the obligatory exercise shot while the clock was still running. It's not as good as the time I used to clock pre-pregnancy (33 minutes was my best), but I'm getting back to that point, little by little. It's really interesting to see how far I've come with my endurance in such a short time.



I began running with Sarah on July 2, and we managed to make it 2 miles. Remember this picture?




So, it took me almost three months, but I've managed to add another mile to the mix. The only reason I'm not doing it in 34 minutes is because it takes a lot longer to walk back from my ending point for my 30 minute-intervals than it did when we ran those 2 miles (we were basically back to our starting point at the end of the 30 minutes). 

Maybe one day I'll managed to make my way back to that awesome time. But either way, running three miles and providing six meals is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment