Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Weight of the World

When you allow the weight of the world to rest on your shoulders, it also rests on your run. Here's some news, friends: I'm not perfect. One of my many imperfections is that I tend to fixate on things that bother me. I really want to take the advice to let things go, but I haven't yet figured out how to do that. So, today's run was not as good as I would have hoped, although it wasn't bad either. I really wanted to do a better time for three miles than I did last time. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to meet that goal. Usually in my runs, I can let go of things that are bothering me to focus on my run. But today something particularly vexing kept creeping into my thoughts, and therefore, I wasn't as focused as I should have been.

That being said, I still managed to get in my three miles which means that hopefully six meals have been provided to people who need them. So, all in all, it wasn't a failure, there was some success. I'll just have to try harder the next time I run. Can I get a virtual high five?


No comments:

Post a Comment