Thursday, August 21, 2014

A Muggy Day with a Side of Ankle Problems

Today, I opted to go for a run at lunch. Since I hadn't done any weight lifting or other crossfit-type exercise, I decided to do my 1:1 intervals, but instead of only walking, I would alternate between doing push-ups and sit-ups. Things didn't work out so well. First, the day was really hot and muggy. I could feel the heat beating down on me, which didn't help me during the running part of my "circuit". I think I managed to burn my hand on the hot pavement during one of my push-up sessions. And then as things progressed, my ankles just felt more and more weak, aching a bit and just unwilling to carry me any great distance at an acceptable pace. So, during this exercise routine, I told myself to take it easy. I was on my own, and I had nothing to prove. So I spent more time walking today than I usually would, and I didn't get as many push-ups and sit-ups in as I would like. But regardless of all that, I managed to provide over 3.5 meals for Feeding America. So, I'm proud. I did something physical, and some hungry people will benefit.


No comments:

Post a Comment