Tuesday, August 19, 2014

You Can't Stop Me, Little Nipper!

Today, my buddy wasn't able to join me for our normal Tuesday run, so I opted to hit the Greenway by myself. I was having a rough morning at work, and I was ready to burn some negative energy. So, I got all my apps and music ready and headed out to the Greenway. I did my little warm-up walk, and once I made it to the bridge, I started my intervals. Within a few seconds, I was derailed.

A couple walking their two dogs were approaching me on the bridge as I started my run. I managed to bypass the woman with her little labrador puppy, but the spaniel-type dog with the gentleman was having none of my running. As I was passing by, he leaped up and nipped my bat-wing. I gave a little cry of shock and stopped immediately to assess the situation. I didn't seem to have any broken skin, and the man and woman were profusely apologetic. I believed them when they said he was UTD on his shots. But I was irritated (although I tried not to show it). I was out to burn negative energy, and more of it slapped me in the face within a few seconds of running.

But despite the little mishap and losing a little bit of time with the incident, I got back to work on my run, and managed to do well: 2.5 miles in under 40 minutes. I'll take it and let Charity Miles give those 5 meals to people who need them.


No comments:

Post a Comment