Tuesday, October 14, 2014

Charity Miles, You're Drunk!

The weather was so yucky today. I really wanted to go running with my buddy on the Greenway, but we both knew that it wasn't going to be an outdoor run kind of day. So, it was time to reintroduce myself to Mr. Tread Mill. I wasn't looking forward to it. For one thing, the last time I did the treadmill and used my accelerometer, the results for Charity Miles weren't spectacular (click here). But I figured I would give it my all, and just hope for the best for Charity Miles.

I set my Charity Miles and decided to run intervals like I always do. I really wanted to get to 3 miles, and I wanted to do it in my 40-43 minute window, like I've been able to do on the Greenway. Man, that was a hard goal to achieve, but I did it. It's funny that I feel like it's a lot more effort running on the treadmill than on the Greenway when really it should be the same amount of work. I guess when you're worried about being slung off the back of a machine, it kicks up your performance even if the speed isn't any different.

After I finished my run and wiped down the machine, I was curious to see if the accelerometer had treated me better today. This time, it calculated too far, but what is really interesting is the time. There's no way I ran 3.8 miles in 16 minutes, Charity Miles. I'm not sure anyone could do that. It's time you had a little nap because you've obviously been hitting the sauce. But at least I was able to get 9.7 vaccines for some furry little critters.


No comments:

Post a Comment